Turnovers don't have to be time-consuming when you use prepared pie pastry and fruit preserves. These oven-fresh goodies are just right for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as late-night snacks. Feel free to experiment with other fruit preserve flavors.
Recommended: Handheld Recipes for Busy People On-The-Go
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot or peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut each pastry into four wedges. Place a rounded tablespoonful of preserves in the center of each. Moisten edges with water. Fold pastry over filling; press edges with fork to seal.
- Place turnovers on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut a small slit in the top of each. Brush with milk. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over turnovers.
- Bake at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 turnovers.
Originally published as Mini Apricot Turnovers in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p3
Reviews for Mini Apricot Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review