Mini Apricot Cheesecakes
In Spy Hill, Saskatchewan, reader Carol Twardzik relies on vanilla wafers to create the no-fuss crusts for these darling individual desserts. For a different look and taste, vary the kind of jam that tops these tempting treats.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 24 vanilla wafers
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- Place wafers flat side down in paper-or foil-lined muffin cups; set
- aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, lemon juice and vanilla; beat well. Fill muffin cups
- three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack
- for 20 minutes. Carefully remove from pans to cool completely. Top
- each cheesecake with 2 teaspoons preserves. Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 114 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.