- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, sugar, walnuts, flour and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out). Spray with butter-flavored spray.
- Fold in half widthwise; spray again with butter-flavored spray. Spoon a scant 1/3 cup filling onto phyllo about 2 in. from a short side. Fold side and edges over filling and roll up. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat.
- With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slits in tops of strudels. Spray strudels with butter-flavored spray. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mini Apple Strudels
"These Apple Strudels have been a huge hit! I used Splenda instead of sugar and pecans instead of walnuts both times I've made this recipe. They are so easy to make. I melted butter the first time, but used spray the second...so much easier/faster! The second time I had leftovers and froze them...enjoyed them 2 weeks later and they were as good as the fresh strudels...couldn't tell the difference. This means I can make them in advance of having guests and enjoy a tasty treat with no prep work during their visit...love it!"
"This was great - everyone enjoyed it and thought I spend hours in the kitchen (but I didn't)!! Will make it again soon."
"I'm from Germany and on year I visited Salzburg. In a restaurant I had a chance to ordered Strudel with Vanilla sauce. The Strudel was just swimming in the sauce. It also was so filling that I could had it for a whole meal. All I can tell you, it was yummy, yummy!!!"
"Not made it yet"
"I'm excited about receiving your recipes & trying them."
"Made this for my "German" themed book - book club dessert. Fabulous, easy, delicious. I have also made with sliced peaches. Yummy!"
"This is a really good, easy & healthier option for desert. Instead of sprinkling with powdered sugar, I sprinkled cinnamin & regular sugar on top."
"Super tasty, rather easy and quick."