- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, sugar, walnuts, flour and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out). Spray with butter-flavored spray.
- Fold in half widthwise; spray again with butter-flavored spray. Spoon a scant 1/3 cup filling onto phyllo about 2 in. from a short side. Fold side and edges over filling and roll up. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat.
- With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slits in tops of strudels. Spray strudels with butter-flavored spray. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mini Apple Strudels
Sort By :
"Good recipe, but was easier made with pie dough instead of Phillo dough and liked it better with pie dough. Tasted great."
"This was great - everyone enjoyed it and thought I spend hours in the kitchen (but I didn't)!! Will make it again soon."
"For PENKAT try again but be sure your oven is really at full baking temperature and that you set the pan on the LOWEST rack in the oven. This will insure that the bottom bakes first and that the crust is not soggy. Use this same technique for any pie or crispy pastie you bake."
"I'm from Germany and on year I visited Salzburg. In a restaurant I had a chance to ordered Strudel with Vanilla sauce. The Strudel was just swimming in the sauce. It also was so filling that I could had it for a whole meal. All I can tell you, it was yummy, yummy!!!"
"Not made it yet"