Mini Apple Rustic Tarts Recipe
Need to use up leftover pie filling? These cute tarts from our Test Kitchen have a golden crust brimming with a sweet-tart apple and cherry filling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:4 servings
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- 1. Divide pastry in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 9-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, cherries, ginger and cinnamon. Spoon over each pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Beat egg white and water; brush over folded pastry. Sprinkle with sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crusts are lightly browned. Using parchment paper, slide tarts onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 tart equals 327 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC