Mini Apple Pizzas
"My four children are now grown, but they still enjoy snacking on these sweet little pizzas...and so do my five grandchildren," reports field editor Helen Lamb of Seymour, Missouri. "We use fresh apples from the small orchard on our dairy farm, and they're so easy to make. The warm cinnamon flavor and light crust make them delicious!"
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube refrigerator biscuits (about 10 biscuits)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Roll or pat biscuits into 3-1/2-in. circles; place on a lightly
- greased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and
- cinnamon. Add apples and mix well; spoon rounded tablespoonfuls onto
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown. If
- desired, sprinkle each pizza with 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve warm.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.