Mini Apple Pie Recipe
I like to try new recipes when apples are in season, and this one was a keeper. Golden Delicious apples are our favorites. -Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples (about 1 pound), peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook raisins in apple juice for 5 minutes. Add apples; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. Combine the sugars, flour and cinnamon; add to apple mixture. On a floured surface, roll out half of the pastry to fit a 20-oz. baking dish. Place pastry in dish; trim to edge of dish. Add filling.
- 3. Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/2 each) equals 756 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 123 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC