Mini Apple Crisp
"With my family's hectic schedule, I cook for one quite frequently," relates field editor Sherry Krenz from Woodworth, North Dakota (at left).
"My Mini Apple Crisp is so simple to make. I works equally well as a nice single-serving dessert for me or as an afternoon snack when our oldest son gets home from school."
1 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cream, optional
- Place apple slices in a small greased baking dish. In a small bowl,
- combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles
- coarse crumbs. Add oats and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apple slices.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with cream if desired.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.