- In a stockpot, saute the onions, celery and parsley in oil until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth,
- tomatoes, tomato sauce, cabbage, carrots, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir into soup along with the zucchini, beans and pasta.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are
- tender. Top each serving with cheese. Yield: 20 servings (5
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 209 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.