Janie Hoskins of Red Bluff, California adds green chilies to this slow-cooked stew made from convenient pantry ingredients. You're sure to like the taste...and the price of 66 cents a serving.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve minestrone soup
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in
- the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or
- until heated through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 221 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 901 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.