- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve minestrone soup
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Minestrone Stew
Sort By :
"Hubby and I both liked."
"Fast to make with excellent flavor. Wonderful to come home to this, thanks to the slow cooker."
"This is one of my favorite soups. I always take it to potlucks at work and it gets cleaned up every time. Very simple & inexpensive to make. I like to stock up on the cans when they go on sale & then just buy the hamburger later. Easy to double or triple as well, and it seems a great meal on a cold winter day."
"this recipe is great. i added a can of mixed veggies: corn, carrots and green beans. I also cooked this on my stove top instead of using a slow cooker and it worked just fine! i also added half a can of beef broth and a pinch of beef bullion for a bit more flavor and broth."