Minestrone Soup with Hamburger Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Add water, beans, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 9 servings (about 3 quarts).
1-1/3 cups equals 186 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Minestrone Soup with Hamburger
"Hearty and filled with vegetables! Great taste!"