Minestrone Soup with Hamburger
This hearty broth is sure to warm you up on a cool day. Filled with Italian seasoning, good-for-you vegetables, ground beef and macaroni, the recipe was sent in by Maudie Breen of Salt Lake City, Utah.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes,
- zucchini, beans, corn, cabbage, celery, bouillon, Italian seasoning
- and salt. Add macaroni. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 9
- servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 194 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium,