- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Add water, beans, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 9 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Hamburger Minestrone in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p61
Reviews for Minestrone Soup with Hamburger
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2010
"Hearty and filled with vegetables! Great taste!"