This hearty broth is sure to warm you up on a cool day. Filled with Italian seasoning, good-for-you vegetables, ground beef and macaroni, the recipe was sent in by Maudie Breen of Salt Lake City, Utah.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Add water, beans, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 9 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Hamburger Minestrone in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p61
Reviews for Minestrone Soup with Hamburger
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2010
"Hearty and filled with vegetables! Great taste!"