Minestrone Soup in Minutes
I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and adapted it to suit my family's taste. It tastes especially good accompanied by oven-fresh garlic bread.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch sugar
- 1/4 cup uncooked macaroni
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Add macaroni; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until macaroni
- is tender. Stir in peas and beans. Cook for 3 minutes. Garnish with
- Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 108 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.