I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and adapted it to suit my family's taste. It tastes especially good accompanied by oven-fresh garlic bread.
Featured In: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch sugar
- 1/4 cup uncooked macaroni
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Add macaroni; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in peas and beans. Cook for 3 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Minestrone in Minutes in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p101
Reviews for Minestrone Soup in Minutes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review