- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 4 quarts water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen Italian or cut green beans
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place beef roast, water and bay leaves in a large kettle or Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 3 hours.
- Remove meat from broth; cool. Add onions, carrots and celery to broth; cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cut meat into bite-size pieces; add to broth. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, seasonings, beans, peas and kidney beans. Cook until vegetables are done, about 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni and heat through. Remove bay leaves. Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 40 servings (10 quarts).
Reviews for Minestrone Soup
Sort By :
Have been making this for a couple of years. My family loves it. I know it freezes well, but I'm going to try canning it this year.
I have a recipe on my blog that is very similar and has helped me lose some weight! Flavorful yet healthy too! We need more like this.
Wow. This is great. Just what I needed to freeze up my herbs that I grew over the summer.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Minestrone Soup >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >