Minestrone Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Minestrone Pasta Salad
"Simple and very tasty! I have used different colored peppers, red onions instead of green, added green olives with the black - it is good with whatever you have on hand!"
"Yum! I've made this several times. Instead I double the olives, red peppers or half red and half green, and use fresh shredded Parmesan, and fresh seeded tomatoes. I've used different dressings, too. Love it!"