Minestrone Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Yield: 13 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 210 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.