"My husband's favorite soup is minestrone...but during warmer weather, we enjoy this pasta salad," writes Rosemary Swope of Springfield, Missouri. "I goes great with anything grilled."
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Minestrone Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p14
Reviews for Minestrone Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review