Minestrone Macaroni Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, macaroni and bouillon; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in beans and cook until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Minestrone Macaroni
Sort By :
"I have been making this since I saw it in Quick Cooking in 1998. I use black beans instead of green beans. My family loves this!"
"I make this all the time. Hearty, fabulous and so easy."
"Would make again with modifications. Good idea to start.Needs more water, the macaroni sucked all up. Would add onion, garlic, spices."
"LOVED THIS! It could have used a couple more bullion cubes but it has a my favorite things in it and was easy to make. I can't wait to make this again."