- 3 sweet or Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients except cheese. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews for Minestrone in Minutes
Sort By :
"QUESTION: I believe 8 servings from 2 quarts would make the serving 1 CUP rather than 1/2 cup, wouldn't it?"
"This is absolutly delicious. I did not have bouillon cubes so substituted 1 (14oz) can of chicken broth and added 1cup of water instead of the 3 cups. After having leftovers my husband thought it tasted better that after it was just made. He really likes this soup and it was so good on a chilly day. It's a keeper!!"