Mincemeat Walnut Pie
Here's a tasty twist on the more traditional mincemeat pie. This one's sweeter, creamier, easier to make and so yummy!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell
- with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5
- minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the eggs,
- butter, mincemeat and walnuts until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to
- prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 399 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.