- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the eggs, butter, mincemeat and walnuts until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Mincemeat Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p35
Reviews forMincemeat Walnut Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review