Here's a tasty twist on the more traditional mincemeat pie. This one's sweeter, creamier, easier to make and so yummy!
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the eggs, butter, mincemeat and walnuts until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Mincemeat Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p35
Reviews for Mincemeat Walnut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review