Mincemeat has such a wonderful flavor so I came up with this sauce for ice cream. It also highlights cranberries so it is perfect for the holiday season.—Mavis Hauser, Wallaceburg, Ontario
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 jar (20-1/2 ounces) mincemeat
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir cranberry sauce, mincemeat and
- orange juice until heated through. Serve warm over ice cream. Store
- leftovers in refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 59 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.