Mincemeat Cookies Recipe
Ssh! "Don't reveal the 'secret ingredient' in this tender, chewy old-time cookie until after they take a taste," suggests Lucie Fitzgerald of Spring Hill, Florida. Her recipe will win over even those who think they don't like mincemeat.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (9 ounces) condensed mincemeat, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in mincemeat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; dip into egg white and remaining sugar. Place sugar side up 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Mincemeat Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p7
Reviews for Mincemeat Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2009
Making them for the second time today. Love these cookies. I used canned mincemeat rather than condensed which wasn't available where I shopped.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >