Mincemeat Cookies Recipe
You can taste the spirit of Christmases past in these chewy old-fashioned cookies with their sweet caramel frosting. One batch makes 9 dozen cookies that freeze well for the holidays!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3-1/4 cups prepared mincemeat
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 9 dozen pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs. Add mincemeat; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For the frosting, combine the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 6-8 minutes, stirring twice, or until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the confectioners' sugar, cream and extract; beat until smooth. Frost the cookies; top each with a pecan half. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Mincemeat Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p44
Reviews for Mincemeat Cookies(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review