Mincemeat Coffee Cake Recipe
For years my grandmother and I would have a contest to see whose mincemeat coffee cake was the best (our families voted). After years of losses, I modified my original recipe and finally won. I share my winning recipe with you. -Ed Layton, Absecon, New Jersey
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm milk (110° to 115°), divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and mace
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mincemeat
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup milk. Add sugar, butter, eggs, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, mace, 2-1/2 cups flour and the remaining milk; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface;cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread mincemeat to within 1 in. of edges.
- 4. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Form into a circle and pinch ends together. Place in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, with seam facing the inside of pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 277 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mincemeat Coffee Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC