Of the 35 kinds of candy I make each Christmas, this is by far the favorite of family and friends. These treats taste like a million bucks!—Theda Andres, Appleton, Wisconsin
84 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- Grease four baking sheets with 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, sugars, corn syrup, salt
- and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook
- over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball
- stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Drop by
- tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until set.
- Drizzle melted candy coating over clusters; chill for 10 minutes or
- until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 127 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium,