Millionaire Clusters Recipe
Of the 35 kinds of candy I make each Christmas, this is by far the favorite of family and friends. These treats taste like a million bucks!—Theda Andres, Appleton, Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1. Grease four baking sheets with 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, sugars, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until set.
- 4. Drizzle melted candy coating over clusters; chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 piece equals 127 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Millionaire Clusters
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC