- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- Grease four baking sheets with 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, sugars, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until set.
- Drizzle melted candy coating over clusters; chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Millionaire Clusters in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p117
Reviews for Millionaire Clusters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2014
"Great candy recipe! Easy to make"