- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- Grease four baking sheets with 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, sugars, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until set.
- Drizzle melted candy coating over clusters; chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Millionaire Clusters in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p117
Reviews for Millionaire Clusters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2014
"Great candy recipe! Easy to make"