Million-Dollar Pound Cake
We've always included pound cake on our family menus, and through the years, I've tried many recipes, I can honestly say this one is the best! It has a very fine, rich texture that makes it unusually smooth. That texture, plus fantastic flavor, makes this pound cake a special treat each time we serve it.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- extracts. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beating just
- until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for
- 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 497 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.