Million-Dollar Pound Cake Recipe
We've always included pound cake on our family menus, and through the years, I've tried many recipes, I can honestly say this one is the best! It has a very fine, rich texture that makes it unusually smooth. That texture, plus fantastic flavor, makes this pound cake a special treat each time we serve it.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beating just until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 497 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC