Million Dollar Pecan Bars Recipe
Who wants to eat like a millionaire? Invest 15 minutes of your time and enjoy a big payoff when you pull these rich bars of golden layered delight from the oven. —Laura Davis, Rusk, Texas
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add cake mix just until blended. Stir in oats. Press 3 cups onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine milk and chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cook 1 to 2-1/2 minutes longer or until chips are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in butter and vanilla until melted. Stir in pecans. Spread over crust.
- 3. Crumble remaining oat mixture; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 436 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC