Millers Mills Vanilla Ice Cream
Nothing is better on a hot summer day then a scoop of homemade ice cream. This ice cream goes great on pie or cake.Millers Mills Grange, , Millers Mills, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually stir in
- half of the milk. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture
- thickens and bubbles. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat. Gradually stir about 1 cup of the milk mixture
- into eggs. Return all to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat 1
- more minute. Stir in vanilla and remaining milk. Freeze in a 2-qt.
- ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Yield:
- 1-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 139 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a