Milky Way Ice Cream Recipe
- 16 ounces Milky Way candy bars
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream, divided
- 4 eggs
- 6 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt candy bars with 2 cups cream. Beat eggs and remaining cream. Whisk into chocolate mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold into chocolate mixture. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- 3. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
1/2 cup: 298 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Milky Way Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.