Milky Way Ice Cream Recipe
- 16 ounces Milky Way candy bars
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream, divided
- 4 eggs
- 6 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt candy bars with 2 cups cream. Beat eggs and remaining cream. Whisk into chocolate mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold into chocolate mixture. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- 3. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
1/2 cup: 298 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Milky Way Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.