Milky Way Ice Cream Recipe
Our children don't have a lunch program at their school. So, once a month, another lady and I volunteer to cook a hot meal for all 150 students. And, since the teachers don't have a break in their schedules, twice a month we also make lunch for themand sometimes prepare Milky Way Ice Cream for dessert! Every family has its traditions. We serve homemade ice cream for birthdays. I'm constantly looking for new recipesthat's how I found this one.
- 16 ounces Milky Way candy bars
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream, divided
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 6 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large saucepan, melt candy bars with 2 cups cream. Beat eggs and remaining cream. Whisk into chocolate mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold into chocolate mixture. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Originally published as Milky Way Ice Cream in Country Woman November/December 1991, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Milky Way Ice Cream(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Birthday Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Desserts >