Milky Way Fudge
If you're busy, but would still like to make something special for the holidays, try this fudge. It uses candy bars and is cooked in the microwave. It takes just minutes to make and is foolproof.Arla Docherty, East Moline, Illinois
81 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter;
- set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and
- candy bars. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or
- until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut fudge into 1-in. squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about
- 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.