Milky Way Crispy Bars
What’s not to love about the combination of candy bars and Rice Krispie bars? These give you the crunch of chopped pecans, too. —Phyl Broich-Wessling, Garner, Iowa
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and pecans; set aside. In a large
- microwave-safe bowl, combine candy bars and butter. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring
- once. Stir into cereal mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; press down firmly. In a
- microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle
- over top. Cool. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 196 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.