- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, honey and butter. Heat just until the butter is melted. Cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in milk mixture just until combined. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Milk N Honey Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p55
Reviews for Milk N Honey Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"For those days when you don't have time to make a yeast bread, this bread is a fine substitute. It is flavorful and has a good texture. I definitely would make this again."