- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, honey and butter. Heat just until the butter is melted. Cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in milk mixture just until combined. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Milk N Honey Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p55
Reviews for Milk N Honey Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"For those days when you don't have time to make a yeast bread, this bread is a fine substitute. It is flavorful and has a good texture. I definitely would make this again."