Milk-Free Corn Bread Recipe
“My children have food allergies and I always take this bread with me when we’re invited to dinner. It goes great with most any meal,” says Angie Philkill of Fort Gratiot, Michigan.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rice drink
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, rice drink, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Milk-Free Corn Bread in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p57
Reviews for Milk-Free Corn Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cornbread Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >