Milk Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
Try this recipe for a moist mild chocolate cake that cuts cleanly and doesn't need frosting. This scrumptious snack cake travels very well, so it's a snap to share anywhere.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + cooling Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces), broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt candy bar with chocolate syrup; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 423 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC