Milk Cake Recipe
This is a simple recipe - and you'll be able to use your well-seasoned cast-iron skillet to make it. The result of your effort is a light, airy cake.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. Scald milk; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, blending well. On low speed, alternately mix in milk, dry ingredients and vanilla. Pour batter into a greased 10-in. cast-iron skillet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove cake and preheat broiler. Combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle over cake. Broil 5 in. from the heat until topping bubbles and turns golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 349 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC