- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Scald milk; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored; stir in vanilla. Gradually add sugar, blending well. On low speed, alternately mix in milk and dry ingredients. Pour batter into a greased 10-in. cast-iron skillet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove cake and preheat broiler. Combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle over cake. Broil 5 in. from the heat until topping bubbles and turns golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Milk Cake
"The topping was very good but I did not like the taste of the cake. I was very bland."
"Very good! My husband and son raved about it! It didn't turn out light and airy, more like dense and moist...I may have beat the eggs too much?? Will definately make this again."