- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Scald milk; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, blending well. On low speed, alternately mix in milk, dry ingredients and vanilla. Pour batter into a greased 10-in. cast-iron skillet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove cake and preheat broiler. Combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle over cake. Broil 5 in. from the heat until topping bubbles and turns golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Milk Cake
Sort By :
"The topping was very good but I did not like the taste of the cake. I was very bland."
"Very good! My husband and son raved about it! It didn't turn out light and airy, more like dense and moist...I may have beat the eggs too much?? Will definately make this again."