- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 to 8-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add honey, butter, salt and 5 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into two loaves. Place in greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Milk-and-Honey White Bread
Sort By :
"The bread was excellent! I bake a lot of bread and this was by far the best I've ever baked. Scrumptious!!!"
"five stars all the way. this recipe turned out exactly how it appeared in the picture for me. Light sweet taste of honey, sliced beautifully, and it was so easy to make. perfect for sandwiches. i placed a bowl full of hot water in the oven while it cooked and scored the top of the loaf. i did cover the last 4 minutes with tin foil so it didnt over brown. my first try at this recipe was a total success. I will definitely make it again, and again. (and again)"
"My wife and kids REALLY love this bread. The recipe is easy, the ingredients simple, the taste out of this world."
"Fantastic recipe, it turned out beautifully!"
"I've made this bread several times for my family and to give to others. It's definitely a favorite. I also used leftovers for bread pudding once and my dad proclaimed it the best bread pudding he'd ever had!"