- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 to 8-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add honey, butter, salt and 5 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into two loaves. Place in greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Milk-and-Honey White Bread
"I am a beekeeper and this is my favorite honey recipe . Great texture and taste"
"This is my go to bread.My husband loves it.I felt guilty when I ran out of my bread and had to run to the store and buy a loaf."
"Timeless and perfect bread. My wonder twins (age 5 & 4) loves it. Won't eat store bought anymore."
"love the aroma in my kitchen..while making bread.."
"The bread was excellent! I bake a lot of bread and this was by far the best I've ever baked. Scrumptious!!!"