Milk-and-Honey White Bread Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 to 8-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add honey, butter, salt and 5 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into two loaves. Place in greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Milk-and-Honey White Bread(10)
Sort By :
My wife and kids REALLY love this bread. The recipe is easy, the ingredients simple, the taste out of this world.
Fantastic recipe, it turned out beautifully!
I've made this bread several times for my family and to give to others. It's definitely a favorite. I also used leftovers for bread pudding once and my dad proclaimed it the best bread pudding he'd ever had!
We use propane out where I'm from and it burns a lot hotter. Knowing this, I cooked my bread at 350°F for 32 minutes. It came out AMAZING. Definitely making again! (:
Mmmm! A wonderfully soft and moist bread that's great for sandwiches!