- stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla; keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine egg whites and sugar. Beat on low
- speed 1 minute. Place pan over low heat; continue beating on low
- until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Transfer to a bowl. Beat on high until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Spread over frozen pie. Bake 3 minutes or until meringue is lightly
- browned. Serve immediately with warm chocolate sauce. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 475 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.