- 1-1/2 cups crushed chocolate-covered mint cookies (24 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 cups peppermint ice cream, softened
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 egg whites
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up sides of a 9-in. metal pie pan. Freeze, covered, 1 hour or until firm. Spread ice cream into crust. Freeze, covered, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Shortly before serving, combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Stir in sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla; keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine egg whites and sugar. Beat on low speed 1 minute. Place pan over low heat; continue beating on low until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Transfer to a bowl. Beat on high until stiff glossy peaks form. Spread over frozen pie. Bake 3 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Serve immediately with warm chocolate sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mile-High Peppermint Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p51
Reviews for Mile-High Peppermint Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review