This quick-and-easy salsa tastes great as an accompaniment to meat dishes as well as with chips. I teach kindergarten and my husband is a county Extension agent. We've lived down here in the Imperial Valley for 30 years. I say "down here" because Holtville is 15 feet below sea level!
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Mild Fresh Salsa in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p6
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mild Fresh Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review