Migas Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into thin strips
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: refried beans, sliced avocado, sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and jalapeno in oil until tender. Add tortilla strips; cook 3 minutes longer. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add to skillet; cook and stir until almost set. Stir in cheese and tomato.
- 2. Serve in flour tortillas with toppings of your choice. Yield: 3 servings.
2 tacos (calculated without optional toppings) equals 424 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 295 mg cholesterol, 821 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC