- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into thin strips
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: refried beans, sliced avocado, sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, saute onion and jalapeno in oil until tender. Add tortilla strips; cook 3 minutes longer. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add to skillet; cook and stir until almost set. Stir in cheese and tomato.
- Serve in flour tortillas with toppings of your choice. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Migas Breakfast Tacos in Fresh Home Summer 2010, p99
Reviews for Migas Breakfast Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review