Migas, My Way Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped green onions, additional salsa and warm flour tortillas, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and salsa. Add to skillet; cook and stir until set. Stir in tortilla chips and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with green onions and additional salsa and serve with tortillas if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Migas, My Way(4)
Sort By :
have been making for well over a year or more.easy and can add so many different things i use fresh corn tortillas an slice and fry in oil. then eggs and salsa, cheese and whatever i have.olives, green onions , more cheese.....filling, easy and oh so good
So good and so easy! Definitely going into regular rotation. :-)
My husband and I both really enjoyed this dish!
My husband Jesse Montenegro, called this recipe Migas de Monterey, the difference in the recipe was you use any leftovers ( potatoes, veggies, and cheese).
It was an old recipe fro a large family who wasted Nothing, it all went in to the Migas skillet....... wonderful. Mary west.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Recipes >