Migas, My Way Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped green onions, additional salsa and warm flour tortillas, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and salsa. Add to skillet; cook and stir until set. Stir in tortilla chips and 1/4 cup cheese.
- 2. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. If desired, top with green onions and additional salsa and serve with tortillas. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without tortillas, cilantro, sour cream and additional salsa) equals 385 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 459 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.