Migas, My Way
Quick, easy and delicious, this egg scramble gets a big thumbs-up from my family. Sometimes I substitute fresh corn tortillas for the chips by cutting them into strips and sautéing them with the pepper and onion.Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped green onions, additional salsa and warm flour tortillas, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until
- tender. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and salsa. Add to
- skillet; cook and stir until set. Stir in tortilla chips and 1/4 cup
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with green onions and additional
- salsa and serve with tortillas if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without tortillas, cilantro, sour cream and additional salsa) equals 385 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 459 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.