Migas, My Way Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped green onions, additional salsa and warm flour tortillas, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and salsa. Add to skillet; cook and stir until set. Stir in tortilla chips and 1/4 cup cheese.
- 2. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. If desired, top with green onions and additional salsa and serve with tortillas. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without tortillas, cilantro, sour cream and additional salsa): 385 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 459mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Migas, My Way
"have been making for well over a year or more.easy and can add so many different things i use fresh corn tortillas an slice and fry in oil. then eggs and salsa, cheese and whatever i have.olives, green onions , more cheese.....filling, easy and oh so good"
"So good and so easy! Definitely going into regular rotation. :-)"
"My husband and I both really enjoyed this dish!"
"My husband Jesse Montenegro, called this recipe Migas de Monterey, the difference in the recipe was you use any leftovers ( potatoes, veggies, and cheese).It was an old recipe fro a large family who wasted Nothing, it all went in to the Migas skillet....... wonderful. Mary west."