Midwest Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Tender chicken legs are gussied up with barbecue sauce and corn for this lip-smacking entree. “When the sweet corn is fresh from the field, this dish is the best,” notes Susan Rice of Litchfield, Nebraska.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. Add drumsticks; seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onions until tender. Add corn; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce. Return chicken to the pan and coat with sauce. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 417 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Midwest Chicken Drumsticks
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2013
"It was so yummy! Tried it in the South."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC