Midwest Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Tender chicken legs are gussied up with barbecue sauce and corn for this lip-smacking entree. “When the sweet corn is fresh from the field, this dish is the best,” notes Susan Rice of Litchfield, Nebraska.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. Add drumsticks; seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onions until tender. Add corn; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce. Return chicken to the pan and coat with sauce. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 417 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Midwest Chicken Drumsticks
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2013
"It was so yummy! Tried it in the South."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC