- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. Add drumsticks; seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions until tender. Add corn; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce. Return chicken to the pan and coat with sauce. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Midwest Chicken Drumsticks in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p39
Reviews for Midwest Chicken Drumsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2013
"It was so yummy! Tried it in the South."